School-specific information and updates
The School of Business will share information about its student services and Capitol Federal Hall during summer 2021 on this page.
Find information on this page about:
- Capitol Federal Hall access
- Student services and resources
- Prospective undergraduate student visits
Additionally, the KU Business Connect app, available for download in the App Store and Google Play, will be regularly updated to reflect the latest information regarding the School of Business and its operations.
Inside Capitol Federal Hall
- Students can access Capitol Federal Hall only for classes from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday in order to allow for more cleaning and help reduce foot traffic and contact in the building. Additionally, some areas inside of Capitol Federal Hall will be closed to all use or have restricted access as indicated in building maps.
- Conference rooms, study rooms and interview rooms will not be accessible for use. The Colloquium (room 1010) and the Hive (room 1057) will have restricted access for student use. However, capacity in these spaces will be limited.
- Printers will be available for use and will be equipped with wipes and hand sanitizer. There will be no log-in required on these devices to help reduce contact.
- Stairways will be clearly marked as either "up" or "down" to control traffic flow. The main stairway located in the Anderson Family Atrium is the "up" stairway in Capitol Federal Hall. The stairways located in the northwest and northeast corners of the building are "down" stairways.
- Elevators should hold only one person at a time.
- Sanitation stations and directional signs will be available throughout Capitol Federal Hall in common spaces and along hallways. Additionally, hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be provided in each classroom.
- Additional information about cleaning protocols and disinfection plans can be found at protect.ku.edu/cleaning.
Student services and resources
- If you have an upcoming advising appointment, it will be conducted by Zoom or phone call. If you need to schedule an appointment, please do so by visiting JayhawkGPS.ku.edu or by calling 785-864-7871.
- Limited in-person advising appointments are available. Students may request an in-person appointment by calling 785-864-7871.
- Students can connect with Student and Academic Services via Zoom from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday using the information below:
- Zoom meeting link
- Meeting ID: 938 2471 9685
- Passcode: 175912
- Zoom meeting link
Summer career advising appointments will be virtual, with limited in-person options.
To schedule a career advising appointment:
Business Career Services may be staffed in person from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays, resuming full in-person operations on Aug. 16.
Students who would like to discuss revisions to their current study abroad plans or who would like to begin making plans to study abroad can contact Mattie Stevens, Global Business Studies program specialist, at email@example.com or 785-864-2430 to set up a virtual meeting.
- In addition to the physical health resources provided on protect.ku.edu, students in need of personal help are encouraged to connect with campus resources that help address psychological and emotional well-being. These include:
- The School of Business acknowledges the disproportionate effects that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on marginalized students and their communities. Students seeking support are encouraged to connect with the Undergraduate Business Council's DEI Task Force, including its PALs (Peer, Ally, Leader) program.
- If you believe you have been the target of racism or some other form of discrimination and harassment, please report the incident to Institutional Opportunity & Access at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-6414. For additional support, you can also contact the Office of Diversity & Equity at email@example.com or 785-864-4904.