Jayhawks on the Job
Jayhawks on the Job is an event sponsored by the School of Business that allows students to "shadow" a business professional during the course of a workday afternoon. Access the student registration form.
Jayhawks on the Job 2013 will be held on the following date and location:
- Friday, March 1, 2013 - Kansas City
What are the objectives?
- To provide students with a focused experience that enhances their understanding of a particular field and the business world.
- To provide an opportunity for students to learn more about themselves and refine their career goals.
- To provide an opportunity for students to network with business professionals.
- To provide an opportunity for the business community to interact with KU Business students.
How does it work?
- Students indicate their field or fields of interest (e.g. marketing, human resources, tax, investments, information systems, etc).
- Business professionals are recruited from the Kansas City and surrounding areas.
- Students are matched with business participants based on field of interest.
- Students accompany business hosts throughout a normal workday afternoon. Business participants are encouraged to involve students in as many activities as possible.
Who are the student participants?
Target: Undergraduate students enrolled in the School of Business.
Who are the business participants?
Target: Working professionals, if possible alumni from the School of Business.
For more information, contact:
For organizations that would like to host larger student groups for tours, rather than one-on-one job shadowing, please contact our office for information on our new
"End of Week Excursions" program, which facilitates group student field visits to various organizations.