Dine & Dish
The Undergraduate Business Council, in partnership with the KU School of Business, is excited to launch Dine & Dish. This new program enables undergraduate business students to take a professor to lunch once per academic year. Dine & Dish will encourage students and professors to engage in academic and non-academic discussions outside of the classroom, promoting an environment of mentorship and scholarship.
- Invite an eligible faculty member to lunch. Please see below for details on eligibility. The professor must accept the lunch request and a date must be finalized prior to requesting a meal voucher.
- Submit an online voucher request at least one week prior to the day of the lunch.
- You will be notified once your request has been approved. Please note that meal vouchers are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Pick up your meal voucher from the Business Advising Office in 206 Summerfield between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Prior to the lunch, please review our tips for making lunch with your professor a success.
Who is eligible?
Any student that has been formerly accepted into the KU School of Business is eligible to participate. Eligible students are permitted to request one meal card per semester.
Any professor, lecturer or GTA (non-MAcc student) is eligible to participate in Dine & Dish as a sponsoring faculty. Undergraduate Teaching Assistants are not eligible to participate as a sponsoring faculty.
How large can my group be?
There may be no more than three students in a lunch group. All participating students must meet the eligibility requirements. One student is able to request meal vouchers for the group. The requesting student must pick up the vouchers from the Business Advising Office in 206 Summerfield between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Where can I use the meal voucher?
Students are allowed to redeem meal vouchers at any KU Dining location. Meal vouchers are only redeemable on the day of issuance.
In order to participate in the program, students must fill out this form.
If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at DineNDish@ku.edu.