As a research University, KU generates hundreds of millions of dollars in research funding each year. To support research and education, the University maintains numerous state of the art laboratories, libraries, computer facilities, and various centers of excellence dedicated to study of specific topics. The University also maintains an Applied English Center to help non-native speakers improve their written and oral communication skills.
Within the School of Business, there are two computer labs and a behavioral lab specifically dedicated to support doctoral students and faculty research.
Centers of Research
The School has nine centers, many dedicated to research. (To examine the mission and activities of various centers, please follow the links below)
- Applied Portfolio Management
- Center for Applied Economics
- Center for Auditing Research & Advanced Technology
- Center for Management Education
- Center for Research in Entrepreneurial Activity
- International Center for Ethics in Business
- Small Business Development Center
To maintain intellectual vitality, the school runs five different colloquia every week. Over the years, our colloquia have attracted scholars from leading schools, including Dartmouth, Harvard, Wharton, USC, University of Fribourg, U.C. Berkeley, and University of Chicago. See previous colloquia speakers here.
Best Research Paper Award
To encourage publications by the doctoral students, we have established a John O.Tollefson Best Paper Award. Each year, the School of Business accepts paper submissions that must have been published or accepted in a refereed journal or refereed conference proceeding during the previous calendar year. Papers presented after a rigorous selection process may also be submitted for consideration. The recipient of this award receives a $500 scholarship.
The first/second-year students receive funding to attend a conference in their field. Most students receive funding to present papers at conferences.
Current Student Resources
Links to Journals
This website maintained by U.T. Dallas gives information about the top journals in each area and also provides rankings for research schools: http://citm.utdallas.edu/utdrankings/
- Administrative Science Quarterly OR http://www.jstor.org/journals/00018392.html
- Academy of Management Journal OR http://www.jstor.org/journals/00014273.html
- Academy of Management Review OR http://www.jstor.org/journals/03637425.html
- Organization Science OR http://www.jstor.org/journals/10477039.html
- Journal of Management OR http://jom.sagepub.com/
Links to Websites
- Academy of Management – must be a member